What are the ages of dancers who attend?
Monsters Dance is open to all ages, kid through adult! (recommended 6 years and older)
How do I know which level to register for?
We offer the following as a guide only, placing more emphasis on years of experience vs. age. Use your best judgment and if you need to change levels, you may do so prior to the third class on the first day of the event, space permitting. (Additional fees may apply if switching from Junior to Intermediate/Advanced.)
Junior Level: Recommended for beginner dancers, ages 6-10. Includes a full weekend of classes (only 1 fewer class than Int/Adv levels). Please note: In some cities the Junior and Intermediate levels will be combined due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Intermediate Level: Ages 11-14 - Recommended for dancers with 3+ years of experience.
Advanced Level: Ages 15 & up - Recommended for dancers with 6+ years of experience and high level of training.
Industry Upgrade: Ages 16 & up only - Upgrade your Advanced Level registration to include an All-Level Access Pass (perfect for teachers & instructors). Includes full weekend of classes plus two exclusive intense Industry training classes. Must be 16 or older.
Do you offer group discounts?
We make putting groups together simple for you and your company, and will reward you for doing so!
For every 10 dancers registered, we will discount your registration with a $265 savings (i.e. 10 dancers = $265 discount, 20 dancers = $530 discount, etc.). Savings are deducted from your group balance when checking out through your online account.. Must be paid in full 30 days prior to event to receive group discount, no extensions or exceptions.
Can we add on additional dancers to an existing registration?
Yes you can! Log back into your online account (starting with 2018-19 tour dates) to add more dancers to your group, space permitting. Additional dancers may not be added if desired level is sold out.
Can an individual dancer register for Monsters, or do you have to be with a group?
Individual dancers are always welcome and can register independently at anytime. If you have any friends who would like to go with you to Monsters, gather them together and qualify yourself for the group of 10 or more discounts (see Group Discounts above).
Do you need a wristband to observe the classes?
YES. Any observer ages 5 and older need an Observers Pass to enter the ballrooms during classtime. Observer wristbands are valid all weekend in any level*. Discounted passes for children 5-12 available at the door (no advance sales, child must be present).*Excludes Friday night Industry Level bonus classes and audition classes. COVID-19 UPDATE: Unfortunately we will not be offering In-person Observer Passes at our 2021-2022 Tour Locations. We thank you for your understanding.
What is Club Stylz and is it appropriate for young children?
Club Stylz is a showcase event held on Saturday evening in the Advanced Room. It is a family-friendly, alcohol-free event open to and appropriate for all ages. We offer a limited number of showcase spots for groups participating in the convention to perform and an individual freestyle battle with cash prizes! Admission is free to watch, but additional fees apply for performers or battle participants. Seating is limited, first-come, first-served. Please see our Club Stylz page for additional info. Please note: In some cities we may not be able to offer a live audience due to COVID-19 restrictions, but we will always aim to livestream it!
What is the audition class?
Just another class! The audition offered at Monsters is designed like any of the other classes you'll experience throughout the weekend - dancers will learn some choreography and perform it in small groups for our Faculty Choreographers. The only difference is dancers wear a number for the chance to be selected for awards. This class will help you grow as a dancer by providing you an authentic audition process to test your potential in a real-life setting. You also have a chance to be selected a variety of scholarships, including our Monsters Show Nominations!
Which choreographers are teaching in my city?
Each city features 6-8 of the world’s top choreographers. The lineup is typically available one week prior to each city, but the Faculty is always subject to change.
Are your Faculty available to teach at my studio?
YES, absolutely. We frequently arrange master classes and workshops with our Monsters Faculty, as well as our A-List Alumni Faculty. For more information or to Book A Monsters, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-566-6787, extension 2.
I understand that videotaping is not allowed, but can I get a copy of what Monsters records? Can I record our Showcase Performance?
Due to overwhelming demand and time constraints, we cannot fulfill video requests. Groups may record their own performance at the Club Stylz Showcase and A-List Competition only, but videotaping during classes is strictly prohibited.
Can I get the music played at the workshop?
We do not sell music; however, time permitting, we will make every effort to compile a song list which will be available online on our Event Recap Pages following each convention.
Do you offer military discounts?
YES! If you or someone in your family is an active or retired military member, we would like to thank you for your service. Enter code ‘salute’ in the coupon code section during registration to receive $25 off and 2 complimentary Virtual Observers Passes for guests in attendance. Must show valid military ID at the event.
• No refunds - no exceptions.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, we have updated and modified the above refund policy to ensure that everyone is confident when registering for our events.
If restrictions prohibit an in-person event from being held, both the live and virtual options will be canceled. We will be offering the following credit policy:
Early registration rates and deadlines are 30 days prior to the event.
• Wristbands - Monsters Dance wristbands must be worn and intact at all times. Anyone without a wristband will be denied access to the workshop. Lost or damaged wristbands will require an additional fee up to the full registration price. Wristbands may not be shared or given to another dancer.
• Any observer age 5 and older needs an Observers Pass to enter the ballrooms during class time.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Unfortunately we will not be offering Observer Passes at our 2021 Tour Locations. We thank you for your understanding.
• To ensure the comfort and safety of all participants, dancers must remain in their registered level wearing wristbands.
• Videotaping is not allowed at any time when classes are in session or during the choreographer performances.
• By registering, you grant Monsters of HipHop, LLC the right to use your image.
• Faculty and schedule are subject to change.
• Monsters of HipHop, LLC reserves the right to refuse admittance, or have anyone removed from the event who is disruptive or acts in a manner that is unacceptable.
• Monsters of HipHop, LLC staff, instructors and/or representatives are not liable for personal injuries or loss, or damage to personal property.
• If mailing payment, payment must be received three weeks prior to the event. Checks must be received no later than 5 business days prior to event start date. No checks accepted at the door.
• Discounts only apply to paid registrations in a group. All dancers must be registered on the same form with one payment to receive group discounts. Groups with deposits must be paid no later than 3 weeks prior to the event or forfeit all discounts and will be switched into late rate pricing.
• Scholarship recipients do not count towards group discounts.
• Club Stylz showcases reserved for groups of four (4) or more dancers. Limit one (1) routine per group unless bringing fifty (50) or more dancers. 3 minute maximum. Space is limited, first-come first-served.
• Online registrants will automatically receive a detailed confirmation. Payment must be processed in full in order for your spot to be reserved. Without payment, you are not confirmed for the convention. Checks must be received no later than 5 business days prior to event start date.
• If registered as a group, only the group leader is permitted to pick up the registration packet.